Thursday, August 20, 2009

After my trip on the busy early-morning subway, I arrive at Yonge and Bloor station, walk through the PATH underground tunnels to my RBC branch at 2 Bloor St. E., and start my day as a client service representative. Each day, many different types of clients come in and I tackle transactions and customer requests.

I work with all kinds of currencies, process cheques from multiple accounts, and help clients with all their needs. Even with what seems like a very basic transactions, a high level of awareness is required to ensure perfection. I review numerous clients’ financial information every day and do cross checks such us ensuring sufficient funds for withdrawals and cashed cheques. As part of my training, I did modules on privacy and confidentiality, and the bank has a strong focus on fraud protection as well.

This role requires a lot of attention to detail, good judgment, and a friendly attitude. I’m grateful that this internship allowed me to work on my weaknesses and further developed my strengths. After almost three weeks here, I realize in future, I want to have a social environment for my job. Helping out clients is definitely something I love.


Maggie Cai
Hometown: Toronto, ON