Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My third week of internship is coming to an end. For the past two and a half weeks working at a software-testing firm, I have learned that working in an office setting can be a lot of fun! Here at PQA (Professional Quality Assurance), not only do we work hard, we also play hard. What more can I ask for in a job?

I arrived at work right on time this morning in my jeans and Chuck Taylor high tops (our work environment is casual). My Shad colleagues and our ever so cheerful trainer, Edna, greeted me as I walked through the door. Yesterday was the final morning of the software testing portion of our training. This morning, we moved on to content quality assurance.

Lunch was brief; eating out with the other Shad Valley interns is always quite entertaining. Our conversations are fueled by good food and stories of our Shad experiences.

In the afternoon, my colleagues and I first worked in pairs on our Lynda.com tutorials. Then, we moved onto the Mac system where we modified and edited a video using Final Cut Pro 7. It was a bit frustrating at first, but we were pleased to master the program by the end of the afternoon.

Diana Sun
Hometown: Fredericton, NB