Friday, August 7, 2009


Over the past week I have been interning at Canadian Pacific in the Communications and Public Affairs department. It has been an interesting and new experience, and I have been able to learn about the many different aspects that make up this department. Though I have also had the opportunity to explore each floor and learn about the different jobs that this company has while I was putting up their monthly calendars. In addition, I get to use Photoshop on a daily basis to create contact cards for the graphic designers and to edit photos that are to be used on the company’s internal website, RailCity.

During my four days here I have also been invited to attend one of their weekly meetings where they discussed projects that they have coming up in the future. One of their main projects is the Spiral Tunnels, as it is almost the 100th anniversary of this innovative transportation method, but Canadian Pacific is also a sponsor of the 2010 Olympics so they are heavily involved in planning right now. One of my most exciting tasks so far was writing an article that was featured on the daily newsletter that is sent out to the entire company! Overall, it has been an eventful week and I am very grateful to the other employees that have been very kind and welcoming to me.

Jennifer Mo
Hometown: Calgary, AB