Wednesday, August 5, 2009

“You’re done already?” is the usual response from my supervisor at TBT Engineering. So far, I’ve been working in the corporate office. I fairly enjoy being at work in an office with these hardworking, kind people and I’m grateful for this experience. Sometime in the future, though, I’ll be sent out to various areas such as surveying and environmental, which is exciting.

Today, I’ve done various office duties, like any other work day, such as binding piles of documents, organizing cell phone documents, and framing certificates. Most of the work is new to me but I’m getting the hang of it through practice. Organizing cell phone documents involved moving them into piles of expiry year, unlike alphabetical or numerical order. Binding the documents was hard work for the arms as I used a self-use machine but I managed to finish in an hour before I had lunch. It is interesting waiting for what my supervisor will hand me next because every task is different from the previous. No matter if it’s challenging or not, I accomplish things with good work ethic and an open mind.

Pamela Angees
Hometown: Thunder Bay, ON